Ultra small Broadband General Purpose Amplifier
4 - 20 GHz
Gain: 16 dB
Flatness: ± 2 dB
50 Ω match in and out
P1dB: +18 dBm @ 14 GHz
Single DC supply, +5 V to +12 V, 45 mA
Lead-Free 1.5 x 1.2 mm 6-Lead TDFN package
Halogen-Free “Green” Mold Compound
RoHS* Compliant and 260°C Reflow Compatible
The MAAM-011101 operates from 4 to 20 GHz and
features 16 dB typical gain and +18 dBm of output
power. The input and output are fully matched to 50
Ω with a typical return loss better than 12 dB. Small
signal linearity is typically +30 dBm and reverse
isolation better than 28 dB. This device requires a
minimum of +5V, typically +8V, and maximum +10V
for standard operation. Typical current is 45 mA.
Typical usage is a system buffer amplifier, gain
block, mixer LO driver, power amplifier driver
requiring small size and high performance. Typical
applications are for WiFi, WiMAX, Point-to-Point
radios, IMS, EW, and Aerospace and Defense.
The MAAM-011101 is housed in a leadless 1.5 x 1.2
mm package that is small yet can be handled and
placed with standard pick and place assembly
equipment. It is fabricated using a GaAs process
which features full passivation for increased
performance and reliability.
RF Output & Bias (Vd)
1. The exposed pad centered on the package bottom must be
connected to RF and DC ground.
Ordering Information 2,3
1000 Piece Reel
Sample Test Board
2. Reference Application Note M513 for reel size information.
3. All sample boards include 5 loose parts.
* Restrictions on Hazardous Substances, European Union Directive 2002/95/EC.
M/A-COM Technology Solutions Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the product(s) or information contained herein without notice.
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298