High Output IP3 Driver Amplifier
1700 - 2500 MHz
• 42 dBm Output IP3
• 24 dBm P1dB
• Chip Scale Leadless Package
• Single Positive Supply Voltage
M/A-COM’s MAAMSS0007 RF driver amplifier is a
GaAs MMIC which exhibits high OIP3 as well as
high gain and low power consumption in a low-cost
3 mm PQFN surface mount plastic package.
The MAAMSS0007 employs a monolithic single
stage design featuring a convenient 50-ohm input/
output impedance that minimizes the number of
external components required. The device runs off
a single +5 volt supply and draws 100 mA typically.
The design provides excellent performance from
1700 to 2500 MHz.
The MAAMSS0007 is fabricated using M/A-COM’s
iHBT process to realize low current and high power
functionality. The process features full passivation
for increased performance and reliability.
Ordering Information 1
1000 piece reel
3000 piece reel
1. Reference Application Note M513 for reel size information.
Functional Block Diagram
NC NC NC
Pin Configuration 2
Pin No. Function
1 RF Input
7 No Connection
2 No Connection
8 RF Output/Vcc
3 No Connection
9 No Connection
4 DC Bias 10 No Connection
5 No Connection 11 No Connection
6 No Connection 12 No Connection
2. The exposed pad centered on the package bottom must be
connected to RF and DC ground.
Absolute Maximum Ratings3
RF Input Power 4
-40 °C to +85 °C
-65 °C to +150 °C
3. Exceeding any one or combination of these limits may cause
permanent damage to this device.
4. The MAAMSS0007 is designed to operate optimally at 10 dB
backed off from its output P1dB of 24.5 dBm. Driving the
device at higher power levels could degrade performance.
M/A-COM Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the
product(s) or information contained herein without notice. M/A-COM makes
no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the suitability of its
products for any particular purpose, nor does M/A-COM assume any liability
whatsoever arising out of the use or application of any product(s) or
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.