2N682, 2N683, and 2N685 – 2N692
PNPN Silicon, Reverse-Blocking,
Power Triode Thyristors
Qualified per MIL-PRF-19500/108
This silicon controlled rectifier device is military qualified up to a JANTX level for high-reliability
JAN and JANTX
Important: For the latest information, visit our website http://www.microsemi.com.
• JEDEC registered 2N682, 2N683, 2N685, and 2N687 – 2N692.
• JAN and JANTX qualifications are available per MIL-PRF-19500/108.
• RoHS compliant versions available (commercial grade only).
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• A general purpose, reverse-blocking thyristor.
TO-208 / TO-48
Gate Voltage (Peak Total Value)
Maximum Average DC Output Current (1)
Non-repetitive Peak On-State Current (2) @ t = 7 ms
-65 to +125
-65 to +150
1. This average forward current is for a maximum case temperature of +65 °C, and 180 electrical degrees
2. Surge rating is non-recurrent and applies only with device in the conducting state. The peak rate of surge
current must not exceed 100 amperes during the first 10 μs after switching from the off (blocking) state
to the on (conducting) state. This time is measured from the point where the thyristor voltage has
decayed to 90 percent of its initial blocking value.
MSC – Lawrence
6 Lake Street,
Lawrence, MA 01841
Tel: 1-800-446-1158 or
Fax: (978) 689-0803
MSC – Ireland
Gort Road Business Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 65 6840044
Fax: +353 (0) 65 6822298
T4-LDS-0249, Rev. 2 (4/25/13)
©2013 Microsemi Corporation
Page 1 of 6