Added Value of Using AS5145
• Highest reliability and durability
• Simple programming
• Multiple interfaces
• Ideal for motor applications
• Failure diagnostics
• Easy setup
12-Bit Programmable Magnetic Rotary
The AS5145 is a contactless magnetic rotary encoder for
accurate angular measurement over a full turn of 360 degrees.
It is a system-on-chip, combining integrated Hall elements,
analog front end and digital signal processing in a single device.
To measure the angle, only a simple two-pole magnet, rotating
over the center of the chip, is required. The magnet can be
placed above or below the IC.
The absolute angle measurement provides instant indication of
the magnet’s angular position with a resolution of
0.0879º = 4096 positions per revolution. This digital data is
available as a serial bit stream and as a PWM signal.
An internal voltage regulator allows the AS5145 to operate at
either 3.3V or 5V supplies.
Ordering Information and Content Guide appear at end of
Key Benefits & Features
The benefits and features of AS5145H/AS5145A/AS5145B,
12-Bit Programmable Magnetic Rotary Encoder are listed
• Contactless high resolution rotational position encoding
over a full turn of 360 degrees
• Simple user-programmable zero position and settings
• Serial communication interface (SSI)
• 10-bit pulse width modulated (PWM) output
• Quadrature A/B and Index output signal
• Rational speeds up to 30,000 rpm
• Failure detection mode for magnet placement monitoring
and loss of power supply
• Serial read-out of multiple interconnected AS5145 devices
using Daisy Chain mode