HIGH RIPPLE-REJECTION LOW DROPOUT
LOW INPUT-AND-OUTPUT CAPACITANCE CMOS VOLTAGE REGULATOR
The S-1200 Series is a positive voltage regulator with
a low dropout voltage, high output voltage accuracy
developed based on CMOS technology.
A 0.1 µF small ceramic capacitor can be used. It
operates with low current consumption of 18 µA typ.
A built-in Output current protector prevents the load
current from exceeding the current capacitance of the
Compared with the voltage regulators using the
conventional CMOS process, small ceramic
capacitors are also available. Furthermore a small
SNT-6A(H) and SOT-23-5 packages realize high-
• Output voltage:
1.5 V to 5.5 V, selectable in 0.1 V steps.
• Low ESR capacitor can be used: A ceramic capacitor of 0.1 µF or more can be used for the output
• Wide input voltage range:
2.0 V to 10.0 V
• High-accuracy output voltage: ±1.0%
• Low dropout voltage:
140 mV typ. (3.0 V output product, IOUT = 100 mA)
• Low current consumption:
During operation: 18 µA typ., 40 µA max.
• Output current:
• High ripple rejection:
• Built-in overcurrent protector:
During shutdown: 0.01 µA typ., 1.0 µA max.
150 mA output is possible (@ VIN ≥ VOUT(S) + 1.0 V)*1
70 dB typ. (@ 1.0 kHz, 1.5 V ≤ VOUT ≤ 3.0 V)
65 dB typ. (@ 1.0 kHz, 3.1 V ≤ VOUT ≤ 5.5 V)
Overcurrent of output transistor can be restricted.
• Built-in ON/OFF circuit:
Ensures long battery life.
• Lead-free products
*1. Attention should be paid to the power dissipation of the package when the output current is large.
• Power supply for battery-powered devices
• Power supply for personal communication devices
• Power supply for home electric/electronic appliances
• Power supply for cellular phones
Seiko Instruments Inc.