5) Do not ingest the LCD fluid itself should it leak out of a damaged LCD module. Should hands or clothing come
in contact with LCD fluid, wash immediately with soap. If the liquid crystal material leaks from the panel, it
should be kept away from the eyes or mouth. In case of contacting with hands, legs or clothes, it must be
washed away thoroughly with soap.
6) Conductivity is not guaranteed for models that use metal holders where solder connections between the metal
holder and the PCB are not used.
7) For models which use touch panels:
a) Do not stack up modules since they can be damaged by components on neighboring modules.
b) Do not place heavy objects on top of the product. This could cause glass breakage.
8) For models which use COG, TAB, or COF:
a) The mechanical strength of the product is low since the IC chip faces out unprotected from the rear.
Be sure to protect the rear of the IC chip from external forces.
b) Given the fact that the rear of the IC chip is left exposed, in order to protect the unit from electrical
damage avoid installation configurations in which the rear of the IC chip runs the risk of making any
9) For models which use flexible cable, heat seal, or TAB:
a) In order to maintain reliability, do not touch or hold by the connector area.
b) Avoid any bending, pulling, or other excessive force, which can result in broken connections.
10) Mechanical stress can have an adverse effect on connecting parts ( LCD panel-TCP / HEAT SEAL / FPC / etc.,
PCB-TCP / HEAT SEAL / FPC etc., TCP-HEAT SEAL, TCP-FPC, HEAT SEAL-FPC, etc.) depending on the
materials used. Please check and evaluate these materials carefully before use.
11) In case an acrylic plate is attached to front side of LCD panel, cloudiness (very small cracks) can occur in the
acrylic plate, being influenced by some components generated from polarizer film. Please check and evaluate
acrylic materials carefully before use.
12) The module should be assembled into the system firmly by using every mounting hole. Be careful not to twist or
bend the module.
13) Assemble or install the module only in a clean area. Dust and oil may cause electrical short or damage the
polarizer. Use fingerstalls or soft gloves in order to keep display clean during the incoming inspection and
14) If the surface of the polarizer is dirty, please clean it by some absorbent cotton or soft cloth. Do not use Ketone
type materials (ex. Acetone), Ethyl alcohol, Toluene, Ethyl acid or Methyl chloride. These might permanently
www.DataSdhaemet4aUg.ceotmhe polarizer due to chemical reaction.
15) Wipe off water droplets or oil immediately. Staining and discoloration may occur if they left on panel for a long
16) Do not disassemble the module.
17) Pins of the interface connector should not be touched directly with bare hands.
10.2. Storage Precautions
1) High temperature or humidity may reduce the performance of module. Please store LCD module within the
specified storage conditions.
2) It is dangerous that moisture come into or contacted the LCD module, because the moisture may damage LCD
module when it is operating.
3) It may reduce the display quality if the ambient temperature is lower than 10 ºC. For example, the response
time will become slowly, and the starting voltage of lamp will be higher than the room temperature.
10.3. Operating Precautions
(1) Do not insert or remove the I/F connector while the module is operating.
(2) Always follow the correct power on/off sequence when LCD module is connected and operating. This can
prevent the CMOS LSI chips from damage during latch-up.
Document: TS‐002‐467‐01‐R0 2/27/2008 Page. 21 of 24