NTSC/PAL Digital Video Encoder
The AK8813/14 is low voltage, low power and small packaged Digital Video Encoder. It is suitable
for a STB or Digital TV. It converts ITU-R.BT601/656 standard 8- bit parallel data into analog
composite video signal, S-video in NTSC and PAL formats.
AK8813/14 supports Copy protection, Closed Captioning and Video Blanking ID(CGMS-A) and WSS.
These functions are controlled by high-speed I2C Bus interface.
• NTSC-M, PAL-B,D,G,H,I,M,N encoding.
• Simultaneous composite video signal and S-video signal outputs
• ITU-R BT.656 4:2:2 8-bit Parallel Input
- EAV Decoding
• Master/Slave Operation
- Digital Field Sync I/O
- Digital Vertical/Horizontal Sync I/O
• Y filtering
2 x over-sampling
• C filtering
4 x over-sampling
• Single 27MHz Clock (The polarity could be inverted by SYSINV pin)
• Triple 10-bit DACs
• I2C Bus Interface (400kHz)
• Closed Caption encoding (NTSC: line 21,284-SMPTE PAL: line 22,335-CCIR)
• Macrovision Copy Protection Rev. 7.1 * (only AK8814 )
• VBID, CGMS-A(EIAJ CPR-1024)
• On-chip color bar generator
• Low power consumption
• 2.8V to 3.3V operation CMOS Monolithic
• 48pin LQFP Package / 57pin FBGA Package
(*Note) This device is protected by U.S. patent numbers 4,631,603, 4,577,216, and 4,819,098, and other
intellectual rights. The use of Macrovision’s copy protection technology in the device must be authorized
by Macrovision and is intended for home and other limited pay-per -view use only, unless otherwise
authorized in written by Macrovision. Reverse engineering or disassembly is prohibited.
- 1 - 2004/Oct