Previous version: Mar. 1996
DOT MATRIX LCD CONTROLLER WITH 17-DOT COMMON DRIVER AND 80-DOT
The MSM6555B-xx is a dot matrix LCD controller with 17-dot common driver and 80-dot
segment driver comprising a display RAM, character generation ROM, LCD bias generation
circuit and control circuit.
www.DataSheeTth4Ue.cLoCmD driving bias generation circuit incorporated in the MSM6555B-xx allows LCD bias
voltage to be obtained merely by providing a specified capacitance externally.
The MSM6555B-xx can display the arbitrator (arbitrary character) patterned on the LCD panel.
• Serial interface with microcontroller
• Dot matrix LCD controller with 17-dot common driver and 80-dot segment driver (up to 16
digits ¥ 2 lines can be displayed)
• 256 character ROM (5 ¥ 7 dots)
• 1/9 duty (1 line; character + cursor + arbitrator) or 1/17 duty (2 lines; character + cursor, 1 line;
• LCD driving bias voltage generation circuit
• 80-dot arbitrator
• Low standby current
• Gold bump chip
• Optional when TCP is adopted