1A Low Dropout Fast Response Positive Adjustable Regulator and Fixed
1.8V, 2.5V, 2.85V and 3.3V
• Guaranteed Output Voltage Accuracy within 2% The APL1117 is a low dropout three-terminal adjust-
able regulators with 1A output current capability. In
• Fast Transient Response
order to obtain lower dropout voltage and faster tran-
• Guaranteed Dropout Voltage at Multiple
sient response, which is critical for low voltage ap-
plications , the APL1117 has been optimized. The
device is available in an adjustable version and fixed
• Load Regulation : 0.1% Typ.
• Line Regulation : 0.03% Typ.
output voltages of 1.8V, 2.5V, 2.85V and 3.3V. The
output available voltage range of an adjustable ver-
sion is from 1.25~10.7V with an input supply below
• Low Dropout Voltage : 1.1V Typ. at IOUT =1A
• Current Limit : 1A Typ. at TJ=25°C
12V. Dropout voltage is guaranteed at a maximum of
1.3V at 1A. Current limit is trimmed to ensure speci-
fied output current and controlled short-circuit current.
• On-Chip Thermal Limiting : 150°C Typ.
• Adjustable Output : 1.25~10.7V
On-chip thermal limiting provides protection against
any combination of overload that would create exces-
sive junction temperatures. The APL1117 is available
• Standard 3-pin TO-220, TO-252, TO-263 and
SOT-223 Power Packages
in the industry standard 3-pin TO-220, TO-252, TO-
263, and the low profile surface mount SOT-223
power packages which can be used in applications
where space is limited.
• Active SCSI Terminators
• Low Voltage Logic Supplies
• Battery-Powered Circuitry
• Post Regulator for Switching Power Supply
Front View for TO-220
Front View for TO-263
TAB is VOUT
Front View for TO-252
TAB IS V
ANPEC reserves the right to make changes to improve reliability or manufacturability without notice, and advise
customers to obtain the latest version of relevant information to verify before placing orders.
Copyright ANPEC Electronics Corp.
Rev. B.8 - Jun., 2003