Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors
For Lead-free (Pure Tin plating termination) Termination component
Essentially, the soldering temperature for Lead-free component is a little higher than that for Tin-Lead component, but need to take
consideration of the thermal effect for all other components mounting on board at the same time. The below picture is a
recommended soldering profile for Lead-free component
Figure 8 Recommended Soldering Temperature Time Profile for Lead-free component (Reflow Soldering)
Post soldering Cleaning
(1)Residues of corrosive soldering fluxes on the PC board after cleaning may greatly have influences on the electrical characteristics
and the reliability, (such as humidity resistance) of the Capacitors, which have been mounted on the board. It shall be confirmed that
the characteristic and reliability at the devices are no effected by applied cleaning conditions.
(2) Solubility of alternative cleaning solvent such as alcohol etc., is inferior to that of Freon cleaning solvent in the flux cleaning. So in
case of alternative cleaning solvents, fresh cleaning solvent shall be used, and sufficient rinsing and drying shall carried out.
(3) When an ultrasonic cleaning is applied to the mounted Capacitors on PC board, following conditions energy and the
recommended for preventing failures or damages of the devices due to the large vibration energy and the resonant caused by the
Radiated Power :20 W/litre maximum.
:5 minutes maximum.
When the mounted printed circuit are inspected with measuring terminal pins, abnormal and excess mechanical stresses shall not be
applied to the PC board mounted components, to prevent failure or damages of the devices.
(1) The mounted PC board shall be supported a same adequate supporting pins prevent their banding.
(2) It shall be confirmed that the measuring pin have the right tip in shape, equal in height and are set in the tight positions.
(3) The amount of adhesive shall be such that the adhesive dose flow off or be out of alignment.
When the surface of a printed board on which the Capacitors has been mounted is coated with Resin to protect against moisture and
dust, it shall be confirmed that the protective coat dose not have influences on reliability of the capacitors in the actual equipment.
(1) Coating materials, such as being corrosive and chemically active, shall not be applied to the capacitors and other components.
(2) Coating materials with a large expansively shall not be applied to the Capacitors for preventing failures or damages (such as
cracking) of the devices in the curing process.