The Future of Analog IC Technology TM
The MP1026 is a Power IC that offers a
complete solution for driving a Cold Cathode
Fluorescent Lamp (CCFL). This Power IC
converts unregulated DC voltage to a nearly
pure sine wave required to ignite and operate
The MP1026 greatly increases power
conversion efficiency and supports both analog
and burst mode dimming, simplifying the module
implementation. The MP1026 offers the
following distinct performance advantages:
• More light for less power
• Small board implementation
• Low RF emission
• Low external components cost
The MP1026 is suitable for 2-Cell Li-Ion battery
applications using 5V, 9V, or 12V adapters as
the power source.
For Handheld Display Applications
• 4.5V to 14V Power Input (VBatt)
• Increase Transformer Reliability
• Open Lamp Timer and Regulation
• Current and Voltage Feedback Control
• Logic Level Burst Mode Control
• Supports Open/Short Lamp Protection
• Outputs are Short Circuit Protected
• Allows Burst-Mode Operation
• Improved Line Transient Response
• Tightened Lamp Current Accuracy
• Portable DVD Players
• Digital Cameras
“MPS” and “Monolithic Power Systems” are Trademarks of Monolithic
Power Systems, Inc.
The MP1026 is covered by US Patents 6,316,881 and 6,114,814.
DA, DB: required for VBATT < 7V
IN4148 or BAT54
MP1026 Rev. 1.6w
MPS Proprietary Information. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2005 MPS. All Rights Reserved.