• Capability of Single-wire Operation
• Hardware Fault Recognition
• Inputs with High Common-mode and Differential-mode Interference Rejection Above
100 VPP due to External Filters at the Receiver Input
• Immunity Against Electromagnetic Interference
• Immunity Against Ground-voltage Offsets < 6 V
• Ruggedized Against ESD by MIL-STD-883C, Method 3015
Systems which employ this device have the following benefits compared to solutions
using discrete components:
• High Reliability
• Especially Suited for Truck and Van Applications
• Interface Between Truck and Trailer
• Interface Between Dashboard and Engine
The CAN driver IC B10011S is a low-speed, high-level interface for 24 V (27 V) opera-
tion with transmission levels according to ISO WD 11992-1 (point-to-point interface
between trucks and trailers). It is developed for signal levels of 8/16 V and a speed of
up to 250 kbits/s.
This device allows transmission, that is insensitive to electromagnetic interference.
Such interferences may especially occur in truck applications where (due to the length
of the wires) high common-mode voltages (e.g., 50 ) can be coupled into the lines.
This device contains a fault recognition circuit that detects faults on one of the two
wires, which are normally used for transmission. If a fault occurs the operation can be
switched from double-wire to single-wire mode thus, allowing proper operation even if
one wire is broken, has a short-cut or a high series resistance.
Figure 1. Block Diagram
4 2.5 V