GaAs SP3T 2.6 V CDMA-GPS Switch
0.5 - 3.0 GHz
• Optimized RF Paths
• Low Cross Modulation
• Low Insertion Loss: 0.7 dB at 820 MHz (Cell)
• High Isolation: 21.5 dB at 1.9 GHz (PCS)
• 0.5 micron GaAs PHEMT Process
• Lead-Free 2 mm 8-lead STDFN Package
• 100% Matte Tin Plating over Copper
• Halogen-Free “Green” Mold Compound
• RoHS* Compliant and 260°C Reflow Compatible
M/A-COM’s MASWSS0191 is an industry leading
GaAs PHEMT MMIC single pole three throw (SP3T)
CDMA-GPS switch in a 2 mm 8-lead STDFN
The MASWSS0191 is uniquely configured to enable
switching from a common antenna port to CDMA
cellular, CDMA PCS, or GPS ports. The design is
asymmetric and has been fully optimized for
excellent cross modulation performance in CELL
and PCS paths while still maintaining excellent
insertion loss and isolation.
The MASWSS0191 is fabricated using a 0.5 micron
gate length GaAs PHEMT process. The process
features full passivation for performance and
Ordering Information 1
3000 Piece Reel
Sample Test Board
(Includes 5 Samples)
1. Reference Application Note M513 for reel size information.
Functional Block Diagram
Pin No. Pin Name
6 PCS PCS Transmit/Receive
9 GND (paddle) 2
RF & DC Ground
2. The exposed pad centered on the package bottom must be
connected to RF and DC ground.
Absolute Maximum Ratings 3,4
(0.5 - 3.0 GHz, 2.6 V Control)
-40°C to +85°C
-65°C to +150°C
3. Exceeding any one or combination of these limits may cause
permanent damage to this device.
4. M/A-COM does not recommend sustained operation near
these survivability limits.
* Restrictions on Hazardous Substances, European Union Directive 2002/95/EC.
M/A-COM Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
product(s) or information contained herein without notice. M/A-COM makes
no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the suitability of its
products for any particular purpose, nor does M/A-COM assume any liability
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
whatsoever arising out of the use or application of any product(s) or
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.