The PE4220 UltraCMOS™ RF Switch is designed to cover a
broad range of applications from near DC to 2500 MHz. This
single-supply switch integrates on-board CMOS control logic
driven by a simple, single-pin CMOS or TTL compatible control
input. Using a nominal +3-volt power supply, a typical input 1
dB compression point of +22 dBm can be achieved. The
PE4220 also exhibits input-output isolation of better than 37 dB
at 1000 MHz and is offered in a small 8-lead MSOP package.
The PE4220 UltraCMOS™ RF Switch is manufactured in
Peregrine’s patented Ultra Thin Silicon (UTSi®) CMOS
process, offering the performance of GaAs with the economy
and integration of conventional CMOS.
SPDT UltraCMOS™ RF Switch
DC - 2500 MHz
• Single 3-volt power supply
• Very low insertion loss: 0.25 dB at
• High isolation: 37 dB at 1.0 GHz
• Typical input 1 dB compression point
of +22.5 dBm
• Single-pin CMOS or TTL logic control
• Packaged in a small 8-lead MSOP
Figure 1. Functional Diagram
Figure 2. Package Type
Table 1. Electrical Specifications @ +25 °C, VDD = 3 V (ZS = ZL = 50 Ω)
Isolation – RFC to RF1/RF2
Isolation – RF1 to RF2
‘ON’ Switching Time
CTRL to 0.1 dB final value, 2 GHz
‘OFF’ Switching Time
CTRL to 25 dB isolation, 2 GHz
Input 1 dB Compression
2000 MHz, 8 dBm
1. Device linearity will begin to degrade below 10 MHz.
2. The DC transient at the output of any port of the switch when the control voltage is switched from Low to High or High to Low
in a 50Ω test set-up, measured with 1ns risetime pulses and 500 MHz bandwidth.
Document No. 70-0028-09 │ www.psemi.com
©2005 Peregrine Semiconductor Corp. All rights reserved.
Page 1 of 7