The Fire•Lite FCPS-2404 is a compact, cost-effective, NAC
power expander. Its filtered 24 VDC output can provide up
to 4.0 amps of current to drive one Style Y (Class B) NAC
(Notification Appliance Circuit). The FACP's (Fire Alarm
Control Panel) NAC is connected to the power expander's
input circuit. When the control input circuit activates due to
reverse polarity of the FACP's NAC, the power expander
will activate its NAC circuit. The FCPS-2404 is compatible
with 12 VDC and 24 VDC control panels.
• 4 amps total of continuous current available.
• One 24 VDC Style Y (Class B) NAC.
• One optically-isolated input/control circuit, compatible with
12 VDC and 24 VDC control panel.
• External Strobe Synchronization could be added with UL
listed synch module, which can be housed in the FCPS-
• Can be wired daisy-chain style.
• Self-contained in compact, lockable cabinet (15" [381
mm] H x 14.5" [368 mm] W x 3.050" [775 mm] D).
• Output is filtered and completely power limited.
• Integrated supervised battery charger for lead acid or gel
• Uses only 7 AH (Amp Hour) batteries — can be
accomodated in the power supply cabinet.
• NAC supervised by host FACP.
• Earth fault detection by host FACP.
• Fixed terminal blocks for field wiring capable of accepting
12 – 22 AWG wire.
• AC fail Form-C relay contacts (fail-safe).
• Battery/Charger trouble Form-C relay contacts (fail safe).
• Optional hardware kit #90273 to be used when installing
addressable or synchronization modules.
• AC power on (green) LED.
• Battery/Charger trouble (yellow) LED.
Primary (AC) Power – TB1
• 120 VAC 50/60 Hz, 1.45 amps maximum.
• Wire size: minimum #14 AWG (2 mm²) with 600V insula-
Control Input Circuit – TB3, Terminals 1 (+) & 2 (–)
• Trigger Input Voltage: 9 to 32 VDC.
• Input Current Draw in Alarm Polarity:
16 - 32 volts, 10 mA maximum.
9 -16 volts, 4 mA maximum.
July 13, 2004
DF-52202 • D-110
24 Volt, 4 Amp NAC Power Expander
Section: Power Supplies/Accessories
Important: Do not use shielded wire for Control Input
NAC Output Circuit – TB3, Terminals 3 (+) & 4 (–) alarm
• Voltage Rating: 24 VDC.
• Current: 4 amps maximum total continuous current.
• Style Y (Class B) – requires End-of-Line Resistor from
circuit connected to input.
• Refer to Fire•Lite Device Compatibility Document for listed
Important: Do not use shielded wire for NAC Output
AC Fail Relay Contact Rating – TB6
• Fail-safe relay (normally energized, transfers with loss of
• 1 amp @ 30 VDC.
Fire•Lite® Alarms is a Honeywell company.
This document is not intended to be used for installation purposes. We try to keep our product informa-
tion up-to-date and accurate. We cannot cover all specific applications or anticipate all requirements.
All specifications are subject to change without notice.
For more information, contact Fire•Lite Alarms, One Fire-Lite Place, Northford, Connecticut 06472. Phone:
(800) 627-3473, Toll-Free FAX: (877) 699-4105.
DF-52202 • 07/13/04 — Page 1 of 3