HIGH RIPPLE-REJECTION LOW DROPOUT
HIGH OUTPUT CURRENT CMOS VOLTAGE REGULATOR
The S-1170 Series is a positive voltage regulator
with a low dropout voltage, high output voltage
accuracy, and low current consumption developed
based on CMOS technology.
A built-in low on-resistance transistor provides a
low dropout voltage and large output current, a
built-in overcurrent protector prevents the load
current from exceeding the current capacitance of
the output transistor, and a built-in thermal
shutdown circuit prevents damage caused by the
heat. An ON/OFF circuit ensures a long battery
life. Compared with the voltage regulators using
the conventional CMOS process, a larger variety of
capacitors are available, including small ceramic
capacitors. Small SOT-89-5 and 6-Pin HSON(A)
packages realize high-density mounting.
• Output voltage:
1.5 V to 5.5 V, selectable in 0.1 V steps.
• High-accuracy output voltage: ±1.0%
• Low dropout voltage:
120 mV typ. (3.0 V output product, IOUT = 300 mA)
• Low current consumption:
During operation: 80 µA typ., 160 µA max.
• High peak current capability:
• Built-in ON/OFF circuit:
During shutdown: 0.1 µA typ., 1.0 µA max.
800 mA output is possible (at VIN ≥ VOUT(S) + 1.0 V)*1
Ensures long battery life.
• Low ESR capacitor can be used: A ceramic capacitor of 4.7 µF or more can be used for the output
• High ripple rejection:
70 dB typ. (at 1.0 kHz)
• Built-in overcurrent protector: Overcurrent of output transistor can be restricted.
• Built-in thermal shutdown circuit: Damage caused by heat can be prevented.
• Small package:
SOT-89-5, 6-Pin HSON(A)
• Lead-free products
*1. Attention should be paid to the power dissipation of the package when the output current is large.
• Power supply for DVD and CD-ROM drives
• Power supply for battery-powered devices
• Power supply for personal communication devices
• Power supply for note PCs
DataSheet4 U .com
Seiko Instruments Inc.