Choosing an Installation
All environmental and installation factors should have been discussed
with a GE Infrastructure Sensing applications engineer or field sales
person at the time the CGA 351 was ordered. Thus, the equipment
should be suited to the application and the planned installation site.
Before installing the unit, however, read the following guidelines to
verify that the best installation site has been chosen for optimum
instrument accuracy and reliability. Make sure that:
• the CGA 351 enclosures are suitable for the environmental
conditions at the installation site.
• the analyzer system will be installed in a location with little or no
• the ambient temperature at the installation site is between –25° and
50°C (–13° and 122°F).
• there are no restrictions in the discharge line (i.e. flow control
valves downstream of the meter).
• the CGA 351 system is installed in a location that provides ready
access for programming, testing, and servicing the unit.
• the cables will be protected from excessive physical strain
(bending, pulling, twisting, etc.). Do not subject the cables to
temperatures above 65°C (149°F) or below –50°C (–58°F).
• the line voltage used at the planned installation site corresponds to
the factory preset line voltage rating for the meter.