3.3V CMOS 16-BIT BUS TRANSCEIVER WITH 3-STATE OUTPUTS
3.3V CMOS 16-BIT
WITH 3-STATE OUTPUTS
• 0.5 MICRON CMOS Technology
• Typical tSK(o) (Output Skew) < 250ps
• ESD > 2000V per MIL-STD-883, Method 3015; > 200V using
machine model (C = 200pF, R = 0)
• VCC = 3.3V ± 0.3V, Normal Range
• VCC = 2.7V to 3.6V, Extended Range
• VCC = 2.5V ± 0.2V
• CMOS power levels (0.4μ W typ. static)
• Rail-to-Rail output swing for increased noise margin
• Available in TSSOP package
• Balanced Output Drivers: ±12mA (A port)
• High Output Drivers: ±24mA (B port)
This 16-bit bus transceiver is built using advanced dual metal CMOS
technology. The ALVC162245 is designed for asynchronous communica-
tion between data buses. The control-function implementation minimizes
external timing requirements.
This device can be used as two 8-bit transceivers or one 16-bit
transceiver. It allows data transmission from the A bus to the B bus or from
the B bus to the A bus, depending on the logic level at the direction-control
(DIR) input. The output-enable (OE) input can be used to disable the device
so that the buses are effectively isolated.
The ALVC162245 has series resistors in the device output structure of
the “A” port which will significantly reduce line noise when used with light
loads. This driver has been designed to drive ±12mA at the designated
threshold levels. The “B” port has a ±24mA driver.
• 3.3V high speed systems
• 3.3V and lower voltage computing systems
FUNCTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM
The IDT logo is a registered trademark of Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
INDUSTRIAL TEMPERATURE RANGE
© 2009 Integrated Device Technology, Inc.