2-channel PRE / REC amplifier with
The BA7182AS is a PRE / REC amplifier developed for use in video cassette recorders. It has been designed for use
in two-head decks and features built-in FB damping, two preamplifiers, a chroma output amplifier, an FM output
amplifier (with AGC), an envelope detector, a constant-current BTL-drive REC amplifier (with AGC) and built-in chan-
nel and REC / PB switches on a single monolithic IC.
1) The playback amplifier has a total gain of 59dB
(Typ.), and has a low-noise preamplifier. Designed
for VHS-band operation with low external parts
count. The IC has 2 circuits for 2-head VCR applica-
2) Two playback output systems (throgh output and
AGC output). The AGC output level is 270mVP-P
(Typ.) ; suitable for FM brightness signal output.
3) Auto-tracking interface for automated tracking
adjustment. An integrate and hold detector is used
to reduce the load on the microcontroller.
4) The recording amplifier uses constant-current BLT
drive that handles load variations (i.e. headimped-
ance) well, and gives stable recording characteris-
tics. A single circuit is provided for 2-head VCR use.
5) Built-in recording level AGC means adjustment of
FM recording current is not necessary.
6) Head switches for 2-channel PRE / REC system
7) Operates off a single 5V power supply, with low
•Absolute maximum ratings (Ta = 25°C)
– 20 ~ + 75
Tstg – 55 ~ + 125
∗ Reduced by 11mW for each increase in Ta of 1°C over 25°C (free air).
•Recommended operating conditions (Ta = 25°C)
Symbol Min. Typ. Max.
Playback / recording VCC
4.5 5.0 5.5
᭺Not designed for radiation resistance.