Motor driver ICs
3-phase motor driver and reversible
The BA6872AFM has a 3-phase motor driver for VCR capstans, and a reversible motor driver for VCR loading. The cap-
stan motor driver uses the three-phase, pseudo-linear drive method, and has a built-in torque ripple cancellation circuit,
and an output transistor saturation prevention circuit. The loading motor driver has two logic inputs which are used to
set the four operation modes (forward, reverse, stopped (idle) and brake.
VCR capstan motors, VCR loading motors
1) 3-phase, pseudo-linear drive system.
2) Torque ripple cancellation circuit.
3) Output transistor saturation prevention circuit.
4) Hall element power supply.
5) Two control logic inputs set the four operation modes:
forward, reverse, stopped (idle), and brake.
6) Output voltage setting is possible using the Vref pin.
7) Thermal shutdown (TSD) circuit.
FAbsolute maximum ratings (Ta = 25_C)
FRecommended operating conditions (Ta = 25_C)