Motor driver ICs
3-phase motor driver
The BA6871BS is a 3-phase, full-wave, pseudo-linear motor driver suited for VCR capstan motors. The IC has a torque
ripple cancellation circuit to reduce wow and flutter, and an output transistor saturation prevention circuit that provides
superb motor control over a wide range of current. The built-in motor power series regulator allows applications with low
3-phase VCR capstan motors
1) 3-phase, full-wave, pseudo-linear driver system.
2) High performance torque ripple cancellation circuit.
3) Reversal braking by detecting the motor direction.
4) Saturation prevention circuit for high- and low-side
5) Motor power supply series regulators.
6) Built-in circuit for output-to-GND short-circuit detec-
7) Two FG amplifiers.
8) Available in a SDIP 32-pin power shrink package.
FAbsolute maximum ratings (Ta = 25_C)
FRecommended operating conditions (Ta = 25_C)