Motor driver ICs
2-channel reversible motor driver
BA6238A / BA6238AN / BA6239A / BA6239AN
The BA6238A, BA6238AN, BA6239A, and BA6239AN are monolithic ICs incorporating two reversible-motor drivers that
are suitable for driving small DC brush motors.
The logic input section for controlling each motor can be easily connected with CMOSs and other control logic outputs.
The torque during loading can be varied by controlling the voltage supplied to the motor with pin 8 of the output section.
With a limited number of external parts, each driver has a function of two reversible-motor drivers.
VCRs and audio tape recorders
1) Two reversible-motor driver circuits are built in. (not
operable at the same time)
2) Limited number of external parts.
3) Interface with CMOS devices. (protective resistor re-
quired when the CMOS output is higher than 5V)
4) Built-in power transistor for motor driving.
5) Built-in thermal shutdown circuit. (the circuit brakes
the output when the chip temperature is increased
due to such an event as motor locking)