Class-AB Speaker Amplifiers
Stereo Speaker Amplifiers
The BA5406/BA5417 is a dual OTL monolithic power IC with two built-in, high output speaker amplifier circuits. High output
of 5W×2 can be produced when VCC=12 V and RL=3Ω, and 2.8 W×2 when VCC=9V and RL=3Ω. The BA5406, which uses a
high allowable power dissipation package, has a simple heatsink design. The BA5417 not only exceeds basic characteristics,
but also has a built-in soft clip circuit, thermal shutdown and standby circuits.
1) Good low voltage characteristics (Operation from Vcc=5 V)
2) Ripple filter (6pin) also can be used as muting pin (Make 6pin GND potential)
3) Small thermal resistance package and simple heatsink design
1) Small pop noise when standby switches ON/OFF
2) Built-in circuit to prevent ripple addition when motor starts
3) Built-in thermal shutdown circuit
4) Built-in standby switch circuit
5) Built-in soft clip circuit
Stereo radio cassette players, mini-audio systems, LCD TVs, etc.
●Line up matrix
Closed loop voltage gain
Output noise voltage
Total harmonic distortion
5 ~ 15
6 ~ 15
© 2011 ROHM Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
2013.11 - Rev.D