3V / 35mW dual power amplifier
The BA5204F is a dual-channel power amplifier designed for 3V stereo headphone tape players. There is almost no
“pop” sound generated when the power is switched on and off, so this IC is ideal for headphone applications. Input cou-
pling capacitors are not required, and only one filter capacitor is needed which helps reduce set size. In addition to oper-
ating off low voltage, the IC has low distortion, making it suitable for Hi-Fi applications. The circuit can operate down to
1.5V, and has excellent ripple rejection ratio, so it is not adversely influenced by the motor or tape transport systems.
3V compact cassette headphone stereos players, micro cassette players, and FM stereo radios
1) Rated output of 35mW (RL = 32Ω) off a 3V power
2) Low “pop” noise when power is switched on and off.
3) Low quiescent current (13mA).
4) Excellent ripple rejection ratio (38dB).
5) Begins operating at 1.5V.
6) Low distortion (0.05% at PO = 5mW).
7) Good voltage gain balance between channels.
8) Good channel separation (60dB Typ.).
9) Input coupling capacitors not required.
10) Symmetrical pin assignments facilitates PCB de-