HIGH EFFICIENCY RED DLO2416
.200” 4-Character 5x7 Dot Matrix
Alphanumeric IntelligentDisplay® with Memory/Decoder/Driver
Package Dimensions in inches (mm)
• Dot Matrix Replacement for DL2416T
• 0.200" 5 x 7 Dot Matrix Characters
• 128 Special ASCII Characters for English, German,
Italian, Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian
• Wide Viewing Angle: X Axis 50° Maximum,
Y Axis ±75° Maximum
• Close Multi-line Spacing, 0.8" Centers
• Fast Access Time, 110 ns at 25°C
• Full Size Display for Stationary Equipment
• Built-in Memory
• Built-in Character Generator
• Built-in Multiplex and LED Drive Circuitry
• Direct Access to Each Digit Independently
• and Asynchronously
• Independent Cursor Function
• Memory Function: Clears Character and Cursor
• True Blanking for Intensity Dimming Applications
• End-Stackable, 4-Character Package
• Intensity Coded for Display Uniformity
• Extended Operating Temperature Range:
–40°C to +85°C
• Superior ESD Immunity
• Wave Solderable
• TTL Compatible over Operating Temperature
• Interdigit Blanking
.050 4 pl.
.070 (1.78) ±.003 (.08)
.010 (.25) 8 pl.
.100 16 pl.
(2.54) at Seating Plane
±.002 (.05) 18 pl.
TOLERANCE: XXX± .01 (.25)
The DLR/DLO/DLG2416 is a four digit 5x7 dot matrix display module
with a built-in CMOS integrated circuit. This display is X/Y stackable.
The integrated circuit contains memory, ASCII ROM decoder, multi-
plexing circuitry and drivers. Data entry is asynchronous and can be
random. A display system can be built using any number of DLX2416s
since each digit can be addressed independently and will continue to
display the character last stored until replaced by another.
System interconnection is very straightforward. The least signiﬁcant
two address bits (A0, A1) are normally connected to the like-named
inputs of all displays in the system. With two chip enables (CE1 and
CE2) four displays (16 characters) can easily be interconnected with-
out a decoder.
Data lines are connected to all DLX2416s directly and in parallel, as is
the write line (WR). The display will then behave as a write-only mem-
The cursor function causes all dots of a digit position to illuminate at
half brightness. The cursor is not a character, and when removed the
previously displayed character will reappear.
The DLX2416 has several features superior to competitive devices.
True “blanking” allows the designer to dim the display for more ﬂexibil-
ity of display presentation. Finally the CLR clear function will clear the
cursor RAM and the ASCII character RAM simultaneously.
The character set consists of 128 special ASCII characters for English,
German, Italian, Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian.
All products are subjected to out-going AQL’s of 0.25% for brightness
matching, visual alignment and dimensions, 0.065% for electrical and