HIGH EFFICIENCY RED DLO3416
.270" 4-character 5 x 7 Dot Matrix
Alphanumeric Intelligent Display
Dimensions in inches (mm)
• Dot Matrix Replacement for DL3416
• 0.270" 5x7 Dot Matrix Characters
• 128 Special ASCII Characters for English,
German, Italian, Swedish, Danish, and Norwe-
• Wide Viewing Angle: X Axis 50° Maximum,
Y Axis ±75° Maximum
• Close Vertical Row Spacing, 0.800" Centers
• Fast Access Time, 110 ns at 25°C
• Full Size Display for Stationary Equipment
• Built-in Memory
• Built-in Character Generator
• Built-in Multiplex and LED Drive Circuitry
• Each Character Independently Accessed
• TTL Compatible, 5 Volt Power, VIH=2.0 V,
• Independent Cursor Function
• Memory Clear Function
• Display Blank Function for Blinking and Dim-
• End-Stackable, 4-character Package
• Intensity Coded for Display Uniformity
• Extended Operating Temperature Range:
–40°C to +85°C
• Wave Solderable
See Appnotes 18, 19, 22, and 23 for additional
1.300 (33.02) max
EIA Date Code
.160 (4.06) ±.020 (.51)
.145 (3.68) ±.015 (.38)
at Seating Plane
at Seating Plane
.020 (.51) x .012(.30)
Leads 22 pl.
The DLR/DLO/DLG3416 is a four character 5x7 dot matrix display module
with a built-in CMOS integrated circuit. This display is a “drop-in” replace-
ment for the DL3416.
The integrated circuit contains memory, ASCII ROM decoder, multiplexing
circuitry and drivers. Data entry is asynchronous and can be random. A dis-
play system can be built using any number of DLX3416s since each charac-
ter can be addressed independently and will continue to display the
character last stored until replaced by another.
System interconnection is very straightforward. The least signiﬁcant two
address bits (A0, A1) are normally connected to the like-named inputs of all
displays in the system. With four chip enables, four displays (16 characters)
can easily be interconnected without a decoder.
Data lines are connected to all DLX3416s directly and in parallel, as is the
write line (WR). The display will then behave as a write-only memory.
The cursor function causes all dots of a character position to illuminate at
half brightness. The cursor is not a character, and when removed the previ-
ously displayed character will reappear.
The DLX3416 has several features superior to competitive devices. True
“blanking” allows the designer to dim the display for more ﬂexibility of dis-
play presentation. Finally the CLR clear function will clear the cursor RAM
and the ASCII character RAM simultaneously.
The character set consists of 128 special ASCII characters for English, Ger-
man, Italian, Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian.
All products are subjected to out-going AQL’s of 0.25% for brightness match-
ing, visual alignment and dimensions, 0.065% for electrical and functional.