Triple Video Driver with Selectable HD/SD
Video Filters for RGB or YUV Signals
• Three video anti-aliasing or reconstruction ﬁlters
• YUV/RGB signal support
• 2:1 Mux inputs for multiple RGB/YUV inputs
• Selectable 8MHz or 30MHz 6th order ﬁlters
for SD/HD applications
• DC coupled input, AC coupled output
• All outputs can drive AC coupled 150Ω loads and
provide 6dB of gain
• 0.6% differential gain with 0.15° differential phase
• 36dB/octave roll-off on all channels
• Cable Set top boxes
• Satellite Set top boxes
• DVD players
• Personal Video Recorders (PVR)
• Video On Demand (VOD)
The FMS6418A offers comprehensive ﬁltering for set top
box or DVD applications. This part consists of a triple 6th
order ﬁlter with selectable 30MHz or 8.0MHz frequencies.
A 2-to-1 multiplexer is provided on each ﬁlter channel. The
triple ﬁlters are intended for either YUV or RGB signals. All
channels accept DC coupled ground-referenced 1V signals.
The ﬁlters provide 2Vpp signals into AC coupled terminated
loads. The low-pass ﬁlters are powered by 3.3V and the out-
puts by 5.0V.
Temperature range for all parts: 0°C to +70°C.
14-pin TSSOP Tape & Reel
16-pin SOIC Tape & Reel
Contact your local Fairchild Semiconductor
distributor for additional product information
FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICES TO ANY PRODUCTS HEREIN TO IMPROVE RELIABILITY, FUNCTION
OR DESIGN. FAIRCHILD DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THE APPLICATION OR USE OF ANY PRODUCT OR CIRCUIT DESCRIBED HEREIN; NEITHER DOES
IT CONVEY ANY LICENSE UNDER ITS PATENT RIGHTS, NOR THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS.
LIFE SUPPORT POLICY
FAIRCHILD’S PRODUCTS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED FOR USE AS CRITICAL COMPONENTS IN LIFE SUPPORT DEVICES OR SYSTEMS WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN
APPROVAL OF THE PRESIDENT OF FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION. As used herein:
1. Life support devices or systems are devices or systems which, (a) are intended for
surgical implant into the body, or (b) support or sustain life, and (c) whose failure to per
form when properly used in accordance with instructions for use provided in the labeling,
can be reasonably expected to result in a signiﬁcant injury of the user.
2. A critical component in any component of a life support device or system whose failure
to perform can be reasonably expected to cause the failure of the life support device or
system, or to affect its safety or effectiveness.
June 28, 2004
© 2004 Fairchild Semiconductor Corporation