Table 5. Am29F080B Command Definitions
Bus Cycles (Notes 2–5)
Addr Data Addr Data Addr Data Addr Data
Read (Note 3)
Reset (Note 4)
555 AA 2AA 55 555 90 X00 01
555 AA 2AA 55 555 90 X01 D5
AA 2AA 55
Byte Program 4 555 AA 2AA 55 555 A0 PA PD
6 555 AA 2AA 55 555 80 555 AA 2AA 55 555 10
6 555 AA 2AA 55 555 80 555 AA 2AA 55 SA 30
RA = Address of the memory location to be read.
RD = Data read from location RA during read operation.
PA = Address of the memory location to be programmed. Addresses are latched on the falling edge of the WE# or CE# pulse.
PD = Data to be programmed at location PA. Data is latched on the rising edge of WE# or CE# pulse.
SA = Address of the sector to be erased. Address bits A19–A16 uniquely select any sector.
SGA = Address of the sector group to be verified.
1. All values are in hexadecimal.
2. See Table 1 for descriptions of bus operations.
3. No unlock or command cycles required when device is in read mode.
4. The Reset command is required to return to the read mode when the device is in the autoselect mode or if DQ5 goes high.
5. The data is 00h for an unprotected sector group and 01h for a protected sector group. The complete bus address in the fourth
cycle is composed of the sector group address (A19–A17), A1 = 1, and A0 = 0.
6. Read and program functions in non-erasing sectors are allowed in the Erase Suspend mode. The Erase Suspend command
is valid only during a sector erase operation.
7. The Erase Resume command is valid only during the Erase Suspend mode.
8. Unless otherwise noted, address bits A19–A11 are don’t care.