Table 5. Am29F032B Command Definitions
Addr Data Addr Data
Read (Note 5)
1 RA RD
Reset (Note 6)
1 XXX F0
4 555 AA 2AA 55
Autoselect Device ID
4 555 AA 2AA 55
Sector Group Protect
Verify (Note 8)
Bus Cycles (Notes 2–4)
Addr Data Addr Data Addr Data Addr Data
555 90 X00 01
555 90 X01 41
Erase Suspend (Note 9)
Erase Resume (Note 10)
4 555 AA 2AA 55 555 A0 PA PD
6 555 AA 2AA 55 555 80 555 AA 2AA 55 555 10
6 555 AA 2AA 55 555 80 555 AA 2AA 55 SA 30
1 XXX B0
1 XXX 30
X = Don’t care
RA = Address of the memory location to be read.
RD = Data read from location RA during read operation.
PA = Address of the memory location to be programmed.
Addresses latch on the falling edge of the WE# or CE# pulse,
whichever happens later.
PD = Data to be programmed at location PA. Data latches on
the rising edge of WE# or CE# pulse, whichever happens first.
SA = Address of the sector to be verified (in autoselect mode)
or erased. Address bits A21–A16 select a unique sector.
SGA = Address of the sector group to be verified. Address
bits A21–A18 select a unique sector group.
1. See Table 1 for description of bus operations.
2. All values are in hexadecimal.
3. Except when reading array or autoselect data, all bus
cycles are write operations.
4. Address bits A21–A11 are don’t cares for unlock and
command cycles, unless SA or PA required.
5. No unlock or command cycles required when reading
6. The Reset command is required to return to reading array
data when device is in the autoselect mode, or if DQ5
goes high (while the device is providing status data).
7. The fourth cycle of the autoselect command sequence is
a read cycle.
8. The data is 00h for an unprotected sector group and 01h
for a protected sector group.See “Autoselect Command
Sequence” for more information.
9. The system may read and program in non-erasing
sectors, or enter the autoselect mode, when in the Erase
Suspend mode. The Erase Suspend command is valid
only during a sector erase operation.
10. The Erase Resume command is valid only during the
Erase Suspend mode.