• Ideal for 926.0 MHz Unlicensed Transmitters in USA and Canada
• Self-Contained RF Functions Shorten Development Time
• Compact, Surface-Mount Case with <90 mm2 Footprint
The HX4002B is a miniature transmitter module that generates on-off keyed (OOK)
modulation from an external digital encoder (not included). The carrier frequency is
quartz, surface-acoustic-wave (SAW) stabilized, and output harmonics are suppressed
by a SAW filter. The result is excellent performance in a simple-to-use, surface-mount
device with a low external component count. The HX4002B is designed specifically for
unlicensed remote-control, wireless security, and data-link transmitters operating in the
USA under FCC Part 15.249 and in Canada under DOC TRS RSS-210.
Tolerance from 869.85 MHz
RF Output Power into 50 Ω at 25°C
Within Specified Temperature Range
Harmonic Spurious Emissions
Input HIGH Voltage
Input LOW Voltage
Input HIGH Current
Input LOW Current
Dynamic Input Resitance
Data Timing Parameters Modulation Bandwidth
Modulation Rise Time
Modulation Fall Time
Operating Case Temperature Range
1, 2, 3, 4
2, 4, 5,
2, 3, 4, 5
2, 3, 4, 5
3, 4, 5
3, 4, 5, 6
3, 4, 5, 8
Lid Symbolization (in addition to Lot and/or Date Codes)
CAUTION: Electrostatic Sensitive Device.
Observe precautions for handling.
1. One or more of the following United States patents apply: 4,454,488;
4,616,197; 4,670,681; and 4,760,352.
2. Typically, equipment utilizing this device requires emissions testing
and government approval, which is the responsibility of the equipment
3. Applies over the specified range of operating temperature.
4. Applies over the specified range of operating power supply voltage.
5. The design, manufacturing process, and specifications of this device
are subject to change without notice.
6. The maximum modulation bandwidth (and data rate) is dependent on
the characteristics of the external encoding circuitry (not included).
7. Unless noted otherwise, case temperature TC = +25°C ± 2°C, test
load impedance = 50 Ω, and modulation input is at logic HIGH.
8. The maximum operating current occurs at the maximum specified power supply volt-
age and maximum specified operating temperature.
9. Standby current is defined as the supply current consumed with the modulation input
at logic LOW.
Absolute Maximum Ratings
Power Supply and/or Modulation Input Voltage
Nonoperating Case Temperature
Ten-Second Soldering Temperature
-40 to +100
RF Monolithics, Inc.
Phone: (972) 233-2903
Fax: (972) 387-8148
©1998 by RF Monolithics, Inc. The stylized RFM logo and RFM are registered trademarks of RF Monolithics, Inc.
Page 1 of 2