• Ideal for 433.92 MHz Unlicensed Transmitters in Europe
• Meets the Most Stringent European Remote-Control Regulations
• Compact, Surface-Mount Case with <90 mm2 Footprint
The HX1000 is a miniature transmitter module that generates on-off keyed (OOK) modulation from an external
digital encoder (not included). The carrier frequency is quartz, surface-acoustic-wave (SAW) stabilized, and
output harmonics are suppressed by a SAW filter. The result is excellent performance in a simple-to-use, sur-
face-mount device with a low external component count. The HX1000 is designed specifically for unlicensed
remote-control and wireless security transmitters operating in Europe under ETSI I-ETS 300 220 and in Ger-
many under FTZ 17 TR 2100.
Absolute Maximum Ratings
Power Supply and/or Modulation Input Voltage
Nonoperating Case Temperature
Ten-Second Soldering Temperature
-40 to +85
Tolerance from 303.825 MHz
RF Output Power into 50 Ω at 25°C
Within Specified Temperature Range
Harmonic Spurious Emissions
Input HIGH Voltage
Input LOW Voltage
Input HIGH Current
Input LOW Current
Data Timing Parameters Modulation Rise Time
Modulation Fall Time
Operating Case Temperature Range
1, 2, 3, 4,
2, 4, 5, 10
2, 3, 4, 5
2, 3, 4, 5
3, 4, 5
3, 4, 5, 6
3, 4, 5, 8
Lid Symbolization (in addition to Lot and/or Date Codes)
CAUTION: Electrostatic Sensitive Device. Observe precautions for handling.
1. One or more of the following United States patents apply: 4,454,488; 4,616,197; 4,670,681; and 4,760,352.
2. Typically, equipment utilizing this device requires emissions testing and government approval, which is the responsibility of the equipment manufac-
3. Applies over the specified range of operating temperature.
4. Applies over the specified range of operating power supply voltage.
5. The design, manufacturing process, and specifications of this device are subject to change without notice.
6. The maximum modulation bandwidth (and data rate) is dependent on the characteristics of the external encoding circuitry (not included).
7. Unless noted otherwise, case temperature TC = +25°C ± 2°C, test load impedance = 50 Ω, and modulation input is at logic HIGH.
8. The maximum operating current occurs at the maximum specified power supply voltage and maximum specified operating temperature.
9. Standby current is defined as the supply current consumed with the modulation input at logic LOW.
10. Improper antenna loading affects performance of HX device.
RF Monolithics, Inc. Phone: (972) 233-2903
Fax: (972) 387-9148
Phone: 44 1963 251383
Fax: 44 1963 251510
©1999 by RF Monolithics, Inc. The stylized RFM logo are registered trademarks of RF Monolithics, Inc.
Page 1 of 2