MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
4-BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCOMPUTER
The µPD7564A is a 4-bit single-chip microcomputer with a small number of ports in a small package, which is
of low-order models, µPD7554 and 7564 sub-series in the µPD7500 series. With an on-chip serial interface, it per-
forms efficient dispersion processing of a system as a sub-CPU for the 75X series or 78k series.
The µPD7564A has outputs to directly drive a triac and LEDs and allows selection among many types of input/
output circuits using their respective mask options, sharply reducing the number of external circuits required.
Details of functions are described in the User’s Manual shown below. Be sure to read in design.
µPD7554, 7564 User’s Manual: IEM-1111D
• 47 types of instructions
(Subset of µPD7500H SET B)
• Instruction cycle
Ceramic oscillation : 2.86 µs
(in operation at 700 kHz, 5 V)
• Program memory (ROM) capacity: 1024 × 8 bits
• Data memory (RAM) capacity: 64 × 4 bits
• Test source: One external source and two internal
• 8-bit timer/event counter
• 15 I/O lines (Total output current of all pins: 100 mA)
• Can directly drive a triac and a LED: P80 to P82
• Can directly drive LEDs: P100 to P103 and P110 to
• Mask option function provided for every port
µPD7564A : PPCs, printers, VCRs, audio equipments,
µPD7564A(A) : Automotive and transportation equip-
• 8-bit serial interface
• Standby (STOP/HALT) function
• Low supply voltage data retaining function for data
• Built-in ceramic oscillator for system clock
• Low power dissipation
• Single power supply (2.7 to 6.0 V)
PIN CONFIGURATION (TOP VIEW)
The quality grade and absolute maximum ratings of the µPD7564A and the µPD7564A(A) differ.
Except where specifically noted, explanations here concern the µPD7564A as a representative product.
If you are using the µPD7564A(A), use the information presented here after the checking the func-
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.
Document No. IC-2401C
(O. D. No. IC-7834C)
Date Published December 1994 P
Printed in Japan
The mark 5 shows major revised points.