MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
4 BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCOMPUTER
The µPD75517(A) is a 75X series four-bit single-chip microcomputer which enables data processing
equivalent to that performed by an eight-bit microcomputer. It is a high-performance product, whose
minimum instruction execution time is 0.67 µs, shorter than 0.95 µs for the conventional µPD75516. The ROM
and RAM capacities are also larger, and the throughput of the 75X series is further increased. The µPD75517(A)
is suited to controllers of electric parts of automobiles.
• Higher reliable than the µPD75517
• Capacities of program memory, ROM: 24448 × 8 bits
• Capacity of data memory, RAM: 1024 × 4 bits
• Function for specifying the instruction execution time (useful for high-speed operation and saving power)
• 0.67 µs/1.33 µs/2.67 µs/10.7 µs (when the main system clock operates at 6.0 MHz)
• 0.95 µs/1.91 µs/3.82 µs/15.3 µs (when the main system clock operates at 4.19 MHz)
• 122 µs (when the subsystem clock operates at 32.768 kHz)
• Built-in A/D converter operable on low voltage
• 8-bit resolution × 8 channels (Successive approximation system)
• VDD = 2.7 to 6.0 V
• Many I/O lines: 64
• Enhanced timer function: 4 channels
• Built-in 8-bit serial interface: Two channels
• Built-in NEC serial bus interface (SBI)
• Clock operable with ultra-low power consumption (when 5-µA TYP. operates on 3 V.)
• Product with a built-in PROM available: µPD75P518
Controller of electric parts of automobiles
80-pin plastic QFP (14 mm × 20 mm)
Remark ×××: Code number
Please refer to “Quality Grades on NEC Semiconductor Devices” (Document number IEI-1209) published by NEC
Corporation to know the specification of quality grade on the devices and its recommended applications.
(O. D. No.
Printed in Japan
November 1992 P
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.