MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
4 BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCOMPUTER
The µPD75402A(A) is a CMOS single-chip microcomputer which uses the 75X series architecture. It operates
at high speed with a minimum instruction execution time of 0.95 µs.
The µPD75P402 is also available for system development evaluation. It contains one-time PROM instead
of mask ROM used in the µPD75402A(A).
The following user's manual describes the details of the functions of the µPD75402A(A). Be sure to read
it before designing an application system.
µPD75402A User's Manual: IEU-644
• More reliable than the µPD75402A
• High-speed operation with a minimum instruction execution time of 0.95 µs (when the microcomputer
operates at 4.19 MHz)
• Low voltage and low-speed instruction execution time of 15.3 µs (when the microcomputer operates at
• Memory mapping by on-chip peripheral hardware
• NEC standard serial bus interface (SBI)
• 8-bit basic interval timer (watchdog timer applicable)
• Interrupt function
• Three vectored interrupts (one external and two internal interrupts)
• One external test input
• Clock output function (remote controller output applicable)
• Capable of specifying the incorporation of 16 pull-up resistors by software
Electronic units for automobiles, and suchlike
28-pin plastic DIP (600 mil)
28-pin plastic shrink DIP (400 mil)
44-pin plastic QFP (10 × 10 mm)
Remark ××× indicates the ROM code number.
Please refer to "Quality Grades on NEC Semiconductor Devices" (Document number IEI-1209) published by
NEC Corporation to know the specification of quality grade on the devices and its recommended applications.
Document No. IC-2841B
Date Published November 1993 P
Printed in Japan
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.
Major changes in this revision are indicated by stars ( ) in the margins.
©© NEC CORPORATIO1N19199901