MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
4-BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCOMPUTER
The µPD75216A is a microcomputer with a CPU capable of 1-, 4-, and 8-bit data processing, ROM, RAM, I/O ports,
a fluorescent display tube controller/driver, a watch timer, a timer/pulse generator capable of outputting 14-bit PWM,
a serial interface and a vectored interrupt function integrated on a single-chip.
The µPD75216A is a product with the ROM capacity and the number of display segments extended for the
It uses the VCR, ECR and CD fluorescent display tubes as display devices and is most suitable for applications
requiring the timer/watch function and high-speed interrupt servicing. It can help to provide the unit with many
functions and to decrease performance costs.
Functions are described in detail in the following User’s Manual. Be sure to read when carrying out design work.
µPD75216A User’s Manual: IEM-988
• Architecture equal to that of an 8-bit microcomputer
• High-speed operation : Minimum instruction execution time : 0.95 µs (when operated at 4.19 MHz)
• Instruction execution time variable function realizing a wide range of operating voltages
• On-chip large-capacity program memory : 16K bytes
• Watch operation with an ultra low current consumption : 5µA TYP. (at the 3 V operation)
• On-chip programmable fluorescent display tube controller/driver
• Timer function : 4 ch
• 14-bit PWM output capability with the voltage synthesizer type electronic tuner
• Buzzer output capability
• Interrupt function with importance attached to applications
• For power-off detection
• For remote controlled reception
• Product with an on-chip PROM : µPD75P216A, µPD75P218 (on-chip EPROM : WQFN package)
VCR, CD player, ECR, etc.
Document No. IC-1999C
(O. D. No. IC-7177D)
Date Published February 1994 P
Printed in Japan
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.
The mark 5 shows major revised points.
© NEC Corporation 1990