8-bit Addressable Latch
(Previous ADE-205-385 (Z))
The HD74AC259 is a high-speed 8-bit addressable latch designed for general purpose storage applications in digital
systems. It is a multifunctional device capable or storing single line data in eight addressable latches, and also a 1-of-8
decoder and demultiplexer with active HIGH outputs. The device also incorporates an active LOW Common Clear for
resetting all latches, as well as an active LOW Enable.
• Serial-to-Parallel Conversion
• Eight Bits of Storage with Output of Each Bit Available
• Random (Addressable) Data Entry
• Active High Demultiplexing or Decoding Capability
• Easily Expandable
• Common Clear
• Outputs Source/Sink 24 mA
• Ordering Information
Package Type Package Code Package Abbreviation Taping Abbreviation (Quantity)
HD74AC259FPEL SOP-16 pin (JEITA) FP-16DAV
EL (2,000 pcs/reel)
HD74AC259RPEL SOP-16 pin (JEDEC) FP-16DNV
EL (2,500 pcs/reel)
Notes: 1. Please consult the sales office for the above package availability.
2. The packages with lead-free pins are distinguished from the conventional products by adding V at the end of
the package code.
Rev.2.00, Jul.16.2004, page 1 of 7