BCD-to-Seven Segment Latch/Decoder/Driver
Mar 30, 2006
This circuit contains a 4-bit latch, BCD-to-7 segment decoder, and 7 output drivers. Data on the input pins flow
through to the output when the Latch Disable (LE) is high and is latched on the high to low transition of the LE input.
The Phase input (Ph) controls the polarity of the 7 segment outputs. When Ph is low the outputs are true 7 segment, and
when Ph is high the outputs are inverted 7 segment. When the Phase input is driven by a liquid crystal display (LCD)
backplane waveform the segment pins output the correct segment waveform for proper LCD AC drive voltages.
In addition a Blanking input (BI) is provided, which will blank the display.
• High Speed Operation: tpd (A, B, C, D to a – g) = 33 ns typ (CL = 50 pF)
• High Output Current: Fanout of 10 LSTTL Loads
• Wide Operating Voltage: VCC = 2 to 6 V
• Low Input Current: 1 µA max
• Low Quiescent Supply Current: ICC (static) = 4 µA max (Ta = 25°C)
• Ordering Information
HD74HC4543FPEL SOP-16 pin (JEITA)
HD74HC4543RPEL SOP-16 pin (JEDEC)
Note: Please consult the sales office for the above package availability.
EL (2,000 pcs/reel)
EL (2,500 pcs/reel)
Rev.2.00 Mar 30, 2006 page 1 of 8