Moisture Barrier Bag (MBB)
Figure 14. Illustration of typical Moisture Barrier Bag (MBB) packaging of a LUXEON emitter reel. MBB consists of humidity indicator
card, desiccant bag, MBB label(s) and LED emitter reel. The MBB package is air-tight sealed per JEDEC J-STD-033C.
Notes for Figure 14:
1. Drawings are not to scale.
There are two MBB labels attached (#1 and #2). The peeled off label (Figure 28) must be detached and affixed to the reel upon
opening of the MBB package.
Figure 15a. Example of MBB label format A.
Notes for Figure 15a — MBB label descriptions for customer use:
QR code and all other field labels not described are for Lumileds internal use only.
1. Number of LED emitters in a reel.
2. Lumileds part number.
3. Customer part number for custom requests only.
4. LED test date in YYWW format.
5. Kitting information for custom request only.
6. Unique production lot identification number. First six numbers refer to manufacturing date code in YYMMDD format. This number is required for traceability purpose.
7. Product category code.
8. Date in which MBB was sealed in YYYYMMDD format.
DS208 LUXEON 3014 Product Datasheet 20170123 ©2017 Lumileds Holding B.V. All rights reserved.