CDMA1900 (PCS) Power Amplifier Module
The ACPM-7833 is a fully matched CDMA Power
amplifier module. Designed around Avago
Technologies’ new Enhancement Mode pHEMT
process, the ACPM-7833 offers premium performance
in a very small form factor. Fully matched to 50 Ohms
on the input and output.
The amplifier has excellent ACPR and efficiency
performance at max Pout and low quiescent current
with a single bias control voltage. For even lower
quiescent current, a dynamic bias control circuit can
be used by varying the voltage on the Vcntl pin
between 1.2V to 2.5V.
Designed in a surface mount RF package, the ACPM-
7833 is cost and size competitive.
The ACPM-7833 is another key component of the
Avago Technologies CDMAdvantage RF chipset.
• Operating frequency: 1850– 1910 MHz
• 28.5 dBm linear output power @ 3.4V
• High efficiency: 40% PAE
• Dynamic bias control for low midpower Idd
• Very low quiescent current with single control
• Internal 50 ohm matching networks for both RF IN/
• 3.2– 4.2V linear operation
• cdma2000 1xRTT capable
• Only 3 SMT parts needed
• 4.0 x 4.0 x 1.1 mm SMT package
• CDMA handsets
Single control bias setting for low Idq
and 40% PAE at Pout = 28.5 dBm