TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSORS
• Plastic package has Underwriters Laboratory
Flammability Classification 94V-0
• 600 W peak pulse power capability
• Excellent clamping capability
• Case: DO-214AA (SMB) molded plastic
• Terminals: Solder plated
• Polarity: For unidirectional types the color band denotes
the cathode (except for bidirectional types)
• Mounting Position: Any
• Devices for bidirectional applications
• For bidirectional use C or CA suffix for types SMBJ5.0 thru types SMBJ170A (e.g. SMBJ5.0C, SMBJ170CA)
• Electrical characteristics apply in both directions
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25 OC unless otherwise specified)
Peak Pulse Power Dissipation 1)
Peak Pulse Current 1)
Steady State Power Dissipation 2)
Peak Forward Surge Current, Unidirectional only 3)
See Next Table
Maximum Instantaneous Forward Voltage
at 50 A, Unidirectional only 4)
VF 3.5 / 5 V
Operating Junction and Storage Temperature Range
- 55 to + 150
1) Pulse with a 10 / 1000 µs waveform.
2) Mounted on a 5 X 5 X 0.013 mm Copper pads to each terminal.
3) Measured on 8.3 ms single half sine-wave or equivalent square wave, duty cycle = 4 pulses per minute
maximum. For uni-directional devices only.
4) VF: 3.5 V Max. for types SMBJ5.0~SMBJ90, VF: 5 V Max. for types SMBJ100~SMBJ170
SEMTECH ELECTRONICS LTD.
(Subsidiary of Sino-Tech International Holdings Limited, a company
listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Stock Code: 724)
Dated : 11/11/2008 FD