MDE Semiconductor, Inc.
78-150 Calle Tampico, Unit 210, La Quinta, CA., USA 92253 Tel : 760-564-8656 • Fax : 760-564-2414
1-800-831-4881 Email: email@example.com Web: www.mdesemiconductor.com
SURFACE MOUNT TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSOR
VOLTAGE-5.0 TO 170 Volts
3000 Watt Peak Pulse Power
• For surface mounted applications in order to
optimize board space
• Low profile package
• Built-in strain relief
• Glass passivated junction
• Low inductance
• Excellent clamping capability
• Repetition rate (duty cycle):0.01%
• Fast response time: typically less than
1.0 ps from 0 volts to BV for unidirectional types
• Typical IR less than 1µA above 10V
• High temperature soldering:
250°C/10 seconds at terminals
• Plastic package has Underwriters Laboratory
Flammability Classification 94 V-O
Case: JEDEC DO214AB. Molded plastic over glass
Terminals: Solder plated, solderable per
MIL-STD-750, Method 2026
Polarity: Color band denoted positive end (cathode)
Standard Packaging: 16mm tape (EIA STD RS-481)
Weight: 0.007 ounces, 0.21 grams)
Dimensions in inches and (millimeters)
DEVICES FOR BIPOLAR APPLICATIONS
For Bidirectional use C or CA Suffix for types SMDJ5.0 thru types SMDJ170 (e.g. SMDJ5.0C, SMDJ170CA)
Electrical characteristics apply in both directions.
MAXIMUM RATINGS AND CHARACTERISTICS
Ratings at 25°C ambient temperature unless otherwise specified.
Peak Pulse Power Dissipation on 10/1000 µs
waveform (NOTE 1, 2, Fig.1)
Peak Pulse Current of on 10/1000 µs waveform (Note 1,Fig 3) IPPM SEE TABLE 1
Peak Forward Surge Current, 8.3ms Single Half Sine-wave
Superimposed on Rated Load, (JEDEC Method)(Note2, 3)
Operatings and Storage Temperature Range
1. Non-repetitive current pulse, per Fig.3 and derated above Ta=25 °C per Fig.2.
2. Mounted on 8.0mm x 8.0mm Copper Pads to each terminal.
3. 8.3ms single half sine-wave, or equivalent square wave, Duty cycle=4 pulses per minutes maximum.
Certified RoHS Compliant
UL File # E223026