10.Precautions Relating Product Handling
The Following precautions will guide you in handling our product correctly.
1) Liquid crystal display devices
1. The liquid crystal display device panel used in the liquid crystal display module is made of
plate glass. Avoid any strong mechanical shock. Should the glass break handle it with care
2. The polarizer adhering to the surface of the LCD is made of a soft material.
Guard against scratching it.
2) Care of the liquid crystal display module against static electricity discharge.
1. When working with the module, be sure to ground your body and any electrical equipment you
may be using. We strongly recommend the use of anti static mats ( made of rubber ), to
protect work tables against the hazards of electrical shock.
2. Avoid the use of work clothing made of synthetic fibers. We recommend cotton clothing or
other conductivity-treated fibers.
3. Slowly and carefully remove the protective film from the LCD module, since this operation can
generate static electricity.
3) When the LCD module alone must be stored for long periods of time:
1. Protect the modules from high temperature and humidity.
2. Keep the modules out of direct sunlight or direct exposure to ultraviolet rays.
3. Protect the modules from excessive external forces.
4) Use the module with a power supply that is equipped with an overcurrent protector circuit,
since the module is not provided with this protective feature.
5) Do not ingest the LCD fluid itself should it leak out of a damaged LCD module. Should hands or
clothing come in contact with LCD fluid, wash immediately with soap.
6) Conduc1tivity is not guaranteed for models that use metal holders where solder connections
between the metal holder and the PCB are not used. Please contact us to discuss appropriate
ways to assure conductivity.
7) For models which use CFL:
1. High voltage of 1000V or greater is applied to the CFL cable connector area.
Care should be taken not to touch connection areas to avoid burns.
2. Protect CFL cables from rubbing against the unit and thus causing the wire jacket to become
3.The use of CFLs for extended periods of time at low temperatures will significantly shorten
their service life.
8) For models which use touch panels:
1.Do not stack up modules since they can be damaged by components on neighboring
2.Do not place heavy objects on top of the product. This could cause glass breakage.
9) For models which use COG,TAB,or COF:
1.The mechanical strength of the product is low since the IC chip faces out unprotected from
Be sure to protect the rear of the IC chip from external forces.
2.Given the fact that the rear of the IC chip is left exposed, in order to protect the unit from
electrical damage, avoid installation configurations in which the rear of the IC chip runs the
risk of making any electrical contact.
F-51320GNY-LY-AA (AA) No. 2001-0047