3.3 Volt Laser Driver IC for GbE and Fibre Channel to 2.1 Gbps
• Rise and fall times <150 ps
• DC or AC-coupled modulation drive
• Independently programmable laser bias and modulation currents
• Bias current to 100 mA and modulation current to 85 mA at
VCC = 3.3V
• Automatic laser power control, with programmable
compensation and ‘slow-start’
• Bias and modulation current monitors
• Operates with +3.3V supply
• Gigabit Ethernet
• Fibre Channel
• 2 x Fibre Channel
The M02067 is a highly integrated, programmable laser driver intended for datacom applications up to 2.1 Gbps.
Using differential PECL data inputs, the M02067 supplies the bias and modulation current for driving an edge-
emitting laser. The modulation output can be DC-coupled to the laser diode, giving a significant power saving over
The M02067 includes automatic power control to maintain a constant average laser output power over temperature
and life. In addition, the modulation current is temperature compensated to minimize variation in extinction ratio
Output flags indicate laser end of life as well as failure of the APC circuitry to maintain average output power.
Functional Block Diagram
M/A-COM Technology Solutions Inc. (MACOM) and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the product(s) or information contained herein without notice.
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.
For further information and support please visit: