Important safety precautions
• Cleaning—Unplug the AC cord from the AC outlet before cleaning the product. Use a damp cloth to clean the product. Do not use
liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners.
• Use a soft damp cloth to gently wipe the panel when it is dirty. To protect the panel, do not use a chemical cloth to clean it.
Chemicals may cause damage or cracks in the cabinet of the TV.
• Water and moisture—Do not use the product near water, such as bathtub, washbasin, kitchen sink, laundry tub, swimming pool and
in a wet basement.
• Do not place vases or any other water-filled containers on this product. The water may spill onto the product
causing fire or electric shock.
• Stand—Do not place the product on an unstable cart, stand, tripod or table. Doing so can cause the product
to fall, resulting in serious personal injuries as well as damage to the product. Use only a cart, stand, tripod,
bracket or table recommended by the manufacturer or sold with the product. When mounting the product on
a wall, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Use only the mounting hardware recommended by the
• When relocating the product placed on a cart, it must be moved with utmost care. Sudden stops, excessive
force and uneven floor surface can cause the product to fall from the cart.
• Ventilation—The vents and other openings in the cabinet are designed for ventilation. Do not cover or block
these vents and openings since insufficient ventilation can cause overheating and/or shorten the life of the
product. Do not place the product on a bed, sofa, rug or other similar surface, since they can block ventilation
openings. This product is not designed for built-in installation; do not place the product in an enclosed place
such as a bookcase or rack, unless proper ventilation is provided or the manufacturer’s instructions are
• The LCD panel used in this product is made of glass. Therefore, it can break when the product is dropped or
impact applied. If the LCD panel is broken, be careful not to be injured by broken glass.
• Heat sources—Keep the product away from heat sources such as radiators, heaters, stoves and other heat-
generating products (including amplifiers).
• To prevent fire, never place any type of candle or naked flames on the top or near the TV set.
• To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not place the AC cord under the TV set or other heavy items.
• Headphones—Do not set the volume at a high level. Hearing experts advise against extended listening at high volume levels.
• Do not display a still picture for a long time, as this could cause an afterimage to remain.
• There is power consumption always if main plug is connected.
• Servicing—Do not attempt to service the product yourself. Removing covers can expose you to high voltage and other dangerous
conditions. Request a qualified person to perform servicing.
The LCD panel is a very high technology product, giving you fine picture details.
Due to the very large number of pixels, occasionally a few non-active pixels may appear on the screen as a fixed point of blue, green or
red. This is within product specifications and does not constitute a fault.
Precautions when transporting the TV
When transporting the TV, never carry it by holding onto the speakers. Be sure to always carry the TV by two people holding it with two
hands—one hand on each side of the TV.
Devices connected to the protective earthing of the building installation through the MAINS connection or through other devices with a
connection to protective earthing and to a television distribution system using coaxial cable, may in some circumstances create a fire
hazard. Connection to a television distribution system therefore has to be provided through a device providing electrical isolation within a
certain frequency range (galvanic isolator, see EN 60728-11).
• For requirements in Norway and Sweden, the requirements for isolation are also relevant for devices that can be connected to
television distribution systems.