Controlling HDMI devices using AQUOS LINK
E What is AQUOS LINK?
Using the HDMI CEC protocol, with AQUOS LINK you can interactively operate
compatible system devices (AV amplifier, DVD player/recorder, Blu-ray player/
recorder) using a single remote control unit.
• AQUOS LINK-compatible AQUOS AUDIO speaker system and AQUOS recorder are scheduled
to be on sale after the release of this TV.
E What you can do with AQUOS LINK
✔ One touch recording (DTV only)
You do not have to search for the remote control unit of your recording device. Press
the REC E or REC STOP H buttons inside the flip cover to start/stop recording
what you see on the recorder.
✔ One touch play
When the TV is in standby mode, it will automatically turn on and play back the
image from the HDMI source.
✔ Single remote control operation
AQUOS LINK automatically recognises connected HDMI devices and you can
control the TV and the devices as if using a universal remote control unit.
✔ Operating title list of external devices
In addition to displaying the TV’s own timer list (Page 14), you can also call up
the external player’s top menu or AQUOS BD player’s/AQUOS recorder’s title list
provided that the devices support AQUOS LINK.
✔ Multiple control of HDMI devices
You can select which HDMI device to operate using the < button.
• When you use AQUOS LINK, make sure to use a certified HDMI cable.
• Point the remote control unit toward the TV, not to the connected HDMI device.
• Video noise may occur depending on the type of HDMI cable used. Make sure to use a certified
• Up to three HDMI recording devices, one AV amplifier and two players can be connected using
• These operations affect the HDMI device selected as the current external source. If the device
does not operate, turn on the device and select the appropriate external source using b.
• When you insert/remove HDMI cables or change connections, turn on all connected HDMI
devices before turning on the TV. Confirm that picture and audio are correctly output by
selecting “HDMI 1”, “HDMI 2”, “HDMI 3” or “HDMI 4” from the “INPUT SOURCE” menu.
AQUOS LINK connection
First connect the AQUOS AUDIO speaker system or an AQUOS BD player/AQUOS recorder that supports the HDMI
• Refer to the operation manual of the device to be connected for further details.
• After unplugging connection cables or changing the connection pattern, turn on the power of the TV after all relevant devices’ power
have been turned on. Change the external input source by pressing b, select the appropriate external source and verify the audiovisual
• The cables illustrated in the following explanation are commercially available items.