What is teletext?
Teletext broadcasts pages of information and
entertainment to specially equipped TV. Your TV receives
teletext signals broadcast by a TV network, and decodes
them into graphical format for viewing. News, weather
and sports information, stock exchange prices and
programme previews are among the many services
Turning teletext on/off
1 Select a TV channel or external source
providing a teletext programme.
2 Press m to display the teletext.
• Many stations use the TOP operating system, while
some use FLOF (e.g., CNN). Your TV supports both
these systems. The pages are divided into topic groups
and topics. After switching on the teletext, up to 2,000
pages are stored for fast access.
• If you select a programme with no teletext signal, “No
Teletext available” displays.
• The same message displays during other modes if no
teletext signal is available.
• Each time you press m, the screen switches as shown
• Press m again to display the teletext on the right screen
and the normal image on the left screen.
• Teletext will not work if the selected signal type is RGB (Page
Buttons for teletext operations
[ (Subtitle for
Increase or decrease the page number.
Select a group or block of pages displayed
in the coloured brackets at the bottom of
the screen by pressing the corresponding
colour (R/G/Y/B) on the remote control
Directly select any page from 100 to 899
by using the 0_9 numeric buttons.
Switch the teletext image to top, bottom
Reveal or hide hidden information such as
an answer to a quiz.
Stop updating teletext pages automatically
or release the hold mode.
Display the subtitle or exit the subtitle
• Subtitles will not be displayed when
the service does not contain subtitle
Reveal or hide subpages.
• Move to the previous subpage (R).
• Move to the following subpage (G).
• These two buttons are shown on the
screen by the symbols “e” and “f”.
Using the MHEG-5 application
Some services bring you programmes with the MHEG
application encoded, letting you experience DTV
interactively. When provided, the MHEG-5 application will
start when you press m.