Checking signal strength and
channel strength (DVB-T/C)
If you install a DVB-T/C antenna for the first time or
relocate it, you should adjust the alignment of the
antenna to receive a good reception while checking the
antenna setup screen.
Go to “MENU” > “Setup” > “Antenna setup-
E Checking signal strength
Press a/b to select “Signal strength”, and
then press ;.
Channel strength of DVB-T
Channel strength of DVB-C
E Checking channel strength
Press a/b to select “Channel strength”, and
then press ;.
• You can input a specified frequency band using the 0_9
4 Position and align the antenna so that
the maximum possible values for “Signal
strength” and “Quality” are obtained.
• The values of “Signal strength” and “Quality” indicate when to
check the appropriate alignment of the antenna.
Inserting the CA card into the CI module
In order to receive coded digital stations, a common interface module (CI module) and a CA card must be inserted in the
CI slot of the TV.
Checking CI module information
Go to “MENU” > “Digital setup” > “CI menu”.
• This menu is only available for digital stations.
• The content of this menu depends on the provider of the CI module.
1 Carefully insert the CI module in
the CI slot with the contact side
2 The logo on the CI module must
be facing outward from the rear
of the TV.
General information on CI module displays.
Adjustment parameters of each CA card displays.
You can input numerical values such as passwords here.
• Only the LC-32LE705E, LC-32LE705S, LC-40LE705E, LC-40LE705S, LC-46LE705E, LC-46LE705S, LC-32LX705E, LC-40LX705E, LC-
46LX705E, LC-32LU705E, LC-32LU705S, LC-40LU705E, LC-40LU705S, LC-46LU705E and LC-46LU705S models are compatible with
the Common Interface (CI) standard as well as the enhanced security Common Interface Plus (CI+) standard.
• It takes about 30 seconds to certify the license key when you insert a CA card into the CI+ compatible CI module for the first time. This
process may fail when there is no antenna input or you have never run “Auto installation”.
• The CI+ compatible CI module sometimes upgrades its firmware. You may not receive any TV images before upgrading. You can only use
the power button during upgrading.
• The CI+ compatible CI module does not allow you to output any copy protected programmes using monitor out. In this case, the copy
protect icon* is shown in the programme information when P. INFO is pressed.
* Protect icon: X
• If the TV displays an update confirmation message for the CA card while receiving CI+ compatible broadcasts, follow the screen prompts.
• Make sure that the CI module is properly inserted.