Inserting the batteries
Before using the TV for the first time, insert two supplied “AAA” size zinc-carbon batteries. When the batteries become
depleted and the remote control unit fails to operate, replace the batteries with new “AAA” size batteries.
1 Open the battery cover.
2 Insert two supplied “AAA” size zinc-carbon
• Place batteries with their terminals corresponding to the (e)
and (f) indications in the battery compartment.
3 Close the battery cover.
Improper use of batteries can result in chemical leakage or explosion. Be sure to follow the instructions below.
• Do not mix batteries of different types. Different types of batteries have different characteristics.
• Do not mix old and new batteries. Mixing old and new batteries can shorten the life of new batteries or cause chemical leakage in old
• Remove batteries as soon as they have worn out. Chemicals that leak from batteries can cause a rash. If you find any chemical leakage,
wipe thoroughly with a cloth.
• The batteries supplied with this product may have a shorter life expectancy due to storage conditions.
• If you will not be using the remote control unit for an extended period of time, remove the batteries from it.
• When replacing the batteries, use zinc-carbon batteries instead of alkaline ones.
Note on disposing batteries
The batteries provided contain no harmful materials such as cadmium, lead or mercury.
Regulations concerning used batteries stipulate that batteries may no longer be thrown out with the household rubbish.
Deposit any used batteries free of charge into the designated collection containers set up at commercial businesses.
Using the remote control unit
Use the remote control unit by pointing it towards the remote control sensor. Objects between the remote control unit
and sensor may prevent proper operation.
Remote control sensor
Cautions regarding the remote control unit
• Do not expose the remote control unit to shock. In addition, do not expose the remote
control unit to liquids, and do not place in an area with high humidity.
• Do not install or place the remote control unit under direct sunlight. The heat may cause
deformation of the unit.
• The remote control unit may not work properly if the remote control sensor of the TV is
under direct sunlight or strong lighting. In such cases, change the angle of the lighting or
the TV, or operate the remote control unit closer to the remote control sensor.