The problems described below are not always caused by malfunctions. Check the TV again before having the
• No power.
• Unit cannot be operated.
• Remote control unit does not
• Picture is cut off.
• Strange colour, light colour, or
dark, or colour misalignment.
• Power is suddenly turned off.
• No picture.
• No sound.
• The TV sometimes makes a
• Check if you pressed POWER on the remote control unit. (See page 6.)
If the indicator on the TV lights up red, press POWER.
• Is the AC cord disconnected?
• Has the power been turned on? (See page 6.)
• External inﬂuences such as lightning, static electricity, etc., may cause improper
operation. In this case, operate the unit after ﬁrst turning the power off the TV or
unplugging the AC cord and re-plugging it in after 1 or 2 minutes.
• Is battery inserted with polarity (e, f) aligned? (See page 5.)
• Is battery worn out? (Replace with new battery.)
• Are you using it under strong or ﬂuorescent lighting?
• Is a ﬂuorescent light shining on the remote control sensor?
• Are screen mode adjustments such as picture size made correctly?
(See pages 8 to 9.)
• Adjust the picture tone. (See pages 8 to 9.)
• Is the room too bright? The picture may look dark in a room that is too bright.
• Check the colour system setting. (See pages 8, 11.)
• Check the HDMI auto view setting. (See page 10.)
• The unit’s internal temperature has increased.
Remove any objects blocking the vent or clean.
• Check the ECO setting. (See pages 9 to 10.)
• Is the sleep timer set? (See page 12.)
• Is the connection to external equipment correct? (See page 4.)
• Is the “Picture adjust” correct? (See page 8.)
• Is the antenna connected properly? (See page 3.)
• Is “On” selected in “Audio only”? (See page 11.)
• Is the volume too low? (See page 5.)
• This is not a malfunction. This happens when the cabinet slightly expands and
contracts according to changes in temperature. This does not affect the TV’s
Cautions regarding use in high and low temperature environments
• When the unit is used in a low temperature space (e.g. room, ofﬁce), the picture may leave trails or appear slightly
delayed. This is not a malfunction, and the unit will recover when the temperature returns to normal.
• Do not leave the unit in a hot or cold location. Also, do not leave the unit in a location exposed to direct sunlight or near
a heater, as this may cause the cabinet to deform and the LCD panel to malfunction.
Storage temperature: f20°C to e60°C.
Clearing the password
1 Repeat steps 1 to 2 in Setting a password. (See page 10.)
2 The password input screen displays.
3 If you enter “3001” using 0 – 9, the “Child lock” setting menu will be displayed.
4 Enter the 4-digit number as a password using 0 – 9. The new password is now set.
1,049,088 pixels (1366 g 768)
2,073,600 pixels (1920 g 1080)
Video Colour System
PAL/SECAM/NTSC 3.58/NTSC 4.43/PAL 60
PAL: B/G, D/K, I SECAM: B/G, D/K, K/K1 NTSC: M
S1—S41ch (including Hyperband)
Auto Preset 99 ch
STEREO/BILINGUAL NICAM: B/G, I, D/K A2 stereo: B/G
H : 178º V : 178º
H : 176º V : 176º
5 W g 2 / 3 g 10 cm 2pcs
UHF/VHF 75 q DIN type
HDMI (HDMI input), PC input
VIDEO in, AUDIO in, COMPONENT in
VIDEO in, AUDIO in
AUDIO out, Headphone ( 3.5 mm stereo)
AC 110—240 V, 50/60 Hz
45 W (1.0 W Stand by)
57 W (1.0 W Stand by)
745 (W) g 465 (H) g 81 (D) mm
745 (W) g 545 (H) g 210 (D) mm
898 (W) g 553 (H) g 81 (D) mm
898 (W) g 633 (H) g 236 (D) mm
5.6 kg (without stand) / 6.3 kg (with stand) 6.3 kg (without stand) / 7.0 kg (with stand)
0°C — 40°C
• As a part of policy of continuous improvement, SHARP reserves the right to make design and speciﬁcation changes for
product improvement without prior notice. The performance speciﬁcation ﬁgures indicated are nominal values of production
units. There may be some deviations from these values in individual units.
• Installing the Liquid Crystal Television requires special skill that should only be performed by qualiﬁed service personnel.
Customers should not attempt to do the work themselves. SHARP bears no responsibility for improper mounting or
mounting that results in accident or injury.
• Carefully read the instructions that come with the bracket before beginning work.