LOCO™ PLL Clock Generator
The ICS514 LOCO™ is the most cost effective
way to generate a high quality, high frequency
clock output from a 14.31818 MHz crystal or
clock input. The name LOCO stands for LOw
Cost Oscillator, as it is designed to replace crystal
oscillators in many electronic systems. Using
Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL) techniques, the device
uses a standard, inexpensive crystal to produce
output clocks up to 66.66 MHz.
Stored in the chip’s ROM is the ability to generate
5 different output frequencies, allowing one chip
to work in different speed processor systems.
The device also has a power down mode that turns
off the clock outputs when both select pins are low.
In this mode, the internal PLL is not running.
• Packaged as 8 pin SOIC
• ICS’ lowest cost PLL clock plus reference
• Produces common computer frequencies
• Input crystal frequency typically 14.3182 MHz
• Output clock frequencies up to 66.66 MHz
• Low jitter - 40 ps one sigma
• Compatible with all popular CPUs
• Duty cycle of 45/55
• Custom frequencies available
• Operating voltages of 3.0 to 5.5 V
• Power down mode turns off chip
• 25mA drive capability at TTL levels
• Advanced, low power CMOS process
crystal or clock
Optional crystal capacitors
MDS 514 B
Integrated Circuit Systems • 525 Race Street • San Jose•CA • 95126 • (408)295-9800tel• (408)295-9818fax